3 januari 2012

I like the flowers


I have been resting along the road for ages. Every day I see many people passing by. They chat with each other, they listen to music, they inhale nicotine – I really dislike that – or they sit down for a while on the bench standing a few meters further from the roadside than I.
If they stop along the road, parking their bike or car there, I am always afraid they will step upon me on their way toward the bench. Happily enough, that never happened. I like people sitting there. I watch them, and they don’t notice. Sometimes they’re just eating or resting, which is boring. But some of them are very interesting to look at. There are real poets among them, and artists. They describe or paint what they see as I never have seen it. At those moments, I am thankful I can stand in such an environment.
You ask me who I am? I am that flower along the road yxf3u pass by every day, forgetting to admire me.
"And yet I say unto you, that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?" ~ Matt. 6:29-30, King James Bible


(Uit de oude doos - 6 november 2007)

Geen opmerkingen: